The bike I am riding through winter is a 2000 Yamaha FZS 600 Fazer.
It has a 600 cm3 four cylinder engine, power is 95 bhp at the crank, torque 61 ft-lb.
The empty weight of the bike is 189 kg and wet weight is around 220 kg.
Acceleration 0-100 km/h (0-60 mph) is a bit over three seconds according to magazine reviews. Front brakes are from the R1 so lots of power. Seating position is relaxed, hopefully allowing enough control of the bike in slippery conditions.
Modifications done to the bike:
- Sava Mc32 spiked M+S tires
- Heated grips
- Coolant changed to ensure it will not freeze in subfreezing temperatures
Expected modifications and potential problems:
- Engine crash bars ordered
- Radiator shield ordered, to protect radiator from a flying tire spike
- Front fender needs to be moved away from the tire so that it would not get packed with snow
- Carburetor might freeze in the cold
- Battery might not have enough power to start the bike in extreme cold